Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
This Cane & Maple Coffee Blossom Honey Pork Chop is amazing. This dish can use any side you can come up wtih. In this dish, I used zucchini and potatoes.
KEYWORDS: Pork Chop, Cane & Maple, Honey, Coffee Blossom Honey
4 Center Cut Pork Chops
Oakridge BBQ “Secret Weapon” Pork & Chicken Rub
1/2 cup Dr. Bill?s Cane & Maple Syrup (drbillssyrup.com)
1/3 cup Coffee Blossom Honey (any honey is fine)
4 Tbsp Anjou Pear Vinegar (Rum Vinegar is fine, as well as other full liquid vinegars, not Balsamic as it will burn).
- COMBINE all liquid ingredients and stir until once creamy mixture and set aside for glaze.
- Season pork chops on both sides liberally with Oakridge BBQ Secret Weapon Pork and Chicken Rub. Cook Pork Chop searing in a cast iron or your favorite searing pan, you want to sear all the sides and especially the fat edges as that?s going to be the tastiest part! Make sure you monitor the temps with The MeatStick (www.themeatstick.com) or any other thermometer. I love wireless as I can watch it on my phone. The meat will reach 95-105 by the time you are done searing. Then move to the next step
- Place the entire pan into an oven preheated at 400F. Cast iron can do this fine. I use Hexclad which also is a fantastic stove and oven pan taking 400F with ease. Using your thermometer make sure the meat does not go past 125 degrees internal temp and once 125 remove from the stove.
- Glazing the chop is my favorite part. Using gloves remove the pan from the oven and bring over to the stove on MED heat and no more until the meat reaches an internal temp of 135. Some like it 130, some 145 so whatever your desire of doneness you like is what you should aim for.
- Pour the glaze mixture around the chops, and over the top.
- Rotate and turn over the chops as glaze will thicken. Glaze should start to bubble and caramelization will occur. Once that happens, coat the chops well and remove the chops to let sit for 2 minutes.
- Glaze will continue to thicken and what it reaches desired thickness, remove from heat, TURN OFF STOVE AND OVEN and spoon glaze over sauce. ENJOY
Don not cheat the 2 minute rest!
Serve with potatoes and zucchini or your favorite starch and vegetable.